I hope you’re having a great week and great summer so far! Here are a bunch of things I’ve come across this week that may interest you:
- Here is a 15 minute conversation of a guy talking to a Mormon lady on the streets of Manti, Utah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C0BifNSbGc At 7:18 in the conversation he asks her, “if you were to die right now, would you go back to him?” If you want background on the reason the Joseph Smith à golden plate story is impossible, this 5 minute video explains why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIrMlAH_o9k&feature=youtu.be
- http://darwins-god.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-recurrent-laryngeal-nerve-is.html I liked this statement from the article:The history of evolutionary thought is full of failed claims of bad design. Over and over evolutionists have been convinced that nature’s designs were meaningless claptraps, only later to be shown up by scientific discoveries revealing clever function. But all the while evolutionists remained unfazed. At first, the meaningless claptrap reveals there was no designer. And later, the discovered function reveals an adaptation. One way or another, evolution did it.
- I love this chapter of this book “Unsilenced: How to Voice the Gospel”. It gives answers to common questions people bring up when you’re witnessing to them. Here is one of the questions and answers he gives:
- http://thegospelcoalition.org/article/how-to-share-your-faith-at-work I like this statement at the very beginning:As a Christian, you are a fully credentialed ambassador of the empire of Jesus, High King of the universe. God has entrusted to you the message of reconciliation, the good news that Jesus reconciles rebels to God. That’s as true from 9-5 Monday through Friday as it is for any other hour of your life. When you go to church, you’re an ambassador for the King. When you hang out with friends, you’re an ambassador for the King. When you go to work, meet with a client, participate in a meeting, work on a project, drive a nail, create a blueprint, welcome a customer, or write a white paper, you’re still an ambassador for the King.
- Read the description of an encounter (from an atheist) on the Ex-Mormon discussion forum: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,686906,686906 Think about how you would’ve responded in that conversation. Then consider the information in these articles about Archaeopteryx and other supposed transitional forms:https://answersingenesis.org/missing-links/archaeopteryx-has-flown-the-coop/
- Evidences you are a Christian (14 true/false questions): http://www.neverthirsty.org/pp/marks-of-a-christian/evidence-you-are-a-christian1.html
Have a great week!