Good Morning all!
- I’ve started reading this book “Christianity 9 to 5: Living Your Faith at Work”. So far, I’m only on chapter 2, but already it has been worthwhile – especially since I picked it up at Good Will for $1.99!
- Many birds are able to put half of their brain to sleep while the other half stays awake and alert…Evidence of the clever design of this half brain sleep ability can be seen in the fact that where two birds sleep next to each other, each bird will put the half of the brain that faces its partner to sleep. Once that half is rested, they change places, so the other half of their brain can sleep.: http://www.creationmoments.com/radio/transcripts/not-so-bird-brained-0By the way, I would recommend that you subscribe to the Creation Moments daily email. Each day, you get an interesting fact that illustrates the design of God’s creation. On the page at the above link, in the lower right corner, there is a subscribe field that looks like this:
- The Danger of Belief “In” Without Belief “That” (J. Warner Wallace): http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/the-danger-of-belief-in-without-belief-that/ Note that you can also receive J. Warner Wallace’s blog as a daily email – look for the signup form on the right side of the page.
- I’d shared this previously, but I would like to put this out there again… I have created my own custom google search engine, which currently has 220 web sites. These are web sites that I trust to give sound biblical answers when I want to do a web search. So, I would recommend that if you’re considering doing a google search on some spiritual or biblical topic to use the following link rather standard google:https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=010463686461312142595:zj9fpq632pg
Likewise, if you’re interested in just doing some web browsing, I’ve got a web page that will display a random Christian links:
It has a [big] button at the top that says “Random Link >>”. Click on that and you will be taken randomly (in a new tab/window) to one of 219 web sites.
Also, I’d like to remind you that I have a “Nuggets” web site where you can view passages from the Bible by topic, view random passages from the Bible, search the Bible, read the Bible and practice memory verses:
- What Can a Parent Do When Their Grown Children Have Walked Away from Christianity (~4 minute video from Brett Kunkle)? http://str.typepad.com/weblog/2014/08/what-can-a-parent-do-when-their-grown-children-have-walked-away-from-christianity.html
- Are Christians Narrow-Minded and Intolerant? http://michaeljkruger.com/are-christians-narrow-minded-and-intolerant/
- Taking a chance that there is no God: http://apologetics-notes.comereason.org/2014/09/taking-chance-that-there-is-no-god.html I liked the following section from this:
- The Big List O’ Debates: http://blod.alwaysdata.net/
- Greg Koukl – Intellectual and Moral Challenges facing young people going to college (but applicable to ALL of us) – Protect Yourself by Connecting Yourself (~14 minute audio snippet from Greg’s weekly radio program): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdNJMd6AEY
- James MacDonald – Wise Up About Friendship (~20 minute audio). Here is a quote from this “Your best friends – your closest friends – should be born-again, Bible believing, fully devoted, followers of Jesus Christ! You say, “well, I’ve got this old buddy, and he doesn’t really care much about Jesus, but we like darts.” What??? So you think you have more in common with a person because you and him like darts, but he’s headed to an eternity separated from God, doesn’t care anything about the things of the Lord?? “But he likes darts!” You need to move past that. You need to have as your first priority – students, listen up – choosing friends who are committed followers of Jesus Christ. Now I’m not saying we shouldn’t have relationships with people who don’t know the Lord – we should – but we should not be allowing people who don’t know Christ to meet our friendship needs. Because you become like the people you keep company with, and that’s a recipe for the compromise of your own faith. Yes, relate, yes, reach out, yes, share Christ. But get your relationship needs met by people who are going where you’re going – Eternity.”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9V6-wv7f8
I pray that you all would have a blessed week, and that you would not tire in doing the work of the Lord. As Paul says: “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:58)!