Hope you’re having a blessed week! Here are some items for you to read and or watch/listen:
- 7 Tips on Engaging Skeptics Like Paul Did in Athens (in 3 parts):
- Here is a snippet from Greg Koukl on the logical fallacy of the “Complex Question” (e.g. “have you stopped beating your wife?”) from his Stand To Reason radio program. I made it into a 9 minute 30 second youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW04uJdmm7g&feature=share
- This is an in depth article refuting the central thesis of the book by Mormon Apostle James E. Talmage’s “The Great Apostasy: Considered in the Light of Scriptural and Secular History”. That book attempts to make a case that the Church of Jesus Christ apostatized shortly after the apostolic age. The case is made, even from Mormon sources, that there is no reason for the “restoration” (which is what the LDS church claims to be), if the Church was never completely gone from the earth in the first place. I think the author does a good job of dissecting the arguments in the book point by point: http://souldevice.wordpress.com/2014/10/04/was-there-a-great-apostasy/
- Here is a snippet from a book I’m reading “O God: A Dialogue on Truth and Oprah’s Spirituality” by Josh McDowell and Dave Sterrett:
- Thank you to a friend for passing this along: http://calvarychapelahwatukee.com/bible/contending-faith
- How Evidence Helps Doubters Become Devotees: http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/how-evidence-help-doubters-become-devotees/
I hope these help encourage, enable and equip you to defend and contend for the faith (Jude 3, 1 Peter 3:15)!