Loving the cooler weather? Praise God for it (Ps. 118:24)! Here are some items for you to read and watch this week:
- Online book – Refuting Evolution:
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 1. Facts & Bias – http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-1-evolution-creation-science-religion-facts-bias
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 2. Variation and Natural Selection Versus Evolution – http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-2-variation-and-natural-selection-versus-evolution
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 3. The links are missing – http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-3-the-links-are-missing
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 4. Bird evolution? http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-4-bird-evolution
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 5. Whale evolution? http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-5-whale-evolution
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 6. Humans: images of God or advanced apes? http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-6-humans-images-of-god-or-advanced-apes
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 7. Astronomy – http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-7-astronomy
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 8. How old is the earth? http://creation.com/how-old-is-the-earth
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 9. Is the design explanation legitimate? http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-9-is-the-design-explanation-legitimate
- Refuting Evolution Chapter 10. Conclusion – http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-chapter-10-conclusion
- Watch this great little 4 minute video on the cosmological argument for God’s existence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CulBuMCLg0
- Here’s a short article and 4 minute video from William Lane Craig on the fine tuning argument for the existence of God: http://worldviewofjesus.com/2012/06/07/the-fine-tuning-argument/
- Jesus Argued Reductio Ad Absurdum: http://truthbomb.blogspot.com/2013/12/jesus-argued-reductio-ad-absurdum.html
- Why Our Moral Debt Could Be Transferred to Jesus: http://str.typepad.com/weblog/2014/11/why-our-moral-debt-could-be-transferred-to-jesus.html
- Latter-day Saints: Would you be willing to take the Romans Challenge? Here is a snippet explaining what the Romans challenge is: Whichever version you pick up, read the book of Romans all the way through (without stopping, if you can). Jotting down some notes (with verse references) will help give you the gist of what the author is saying. Highlight the most important verses as well. When you are done, look through your notes. Ask yourself, “Does my religious system coincide with the message that Paul has written down in this book?” If it does, then you are on the right path. If it does not, then perhaps you need to consider the possibility that your religion is not as biblical as you might have thought it was.
- A Dad’s love letter (5 min 30 second video): https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=850738561623275
- Acts and Facts – monthly online magazine put together by young earth creationist organization “The Institute for Creation Research”: http://www.icr.org/aaf/
- Was religion invented to control people? http://carm.org/was-religion-invented-to-control-people
- Why We Have So Many Denominations: http://facultyblog.eternitybiblecollege.com/2014/10/why-we-have-so-many-denominations/#.VFtlGMmiviB
- Top Ten Ways Churches Drive Away First-time Guests: http://thomrainer.com/2014/11/01/top-ten-ways-churches-drive-away-first-time-guests/
- What Happened to the 56 Signers (of the constitution)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-abAIOqq0&feature=share
- One Question I Ask My Atheist Friends: http://hcchristian.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/the-one-question-i-ask-my-atheist-friends/
- What is the Case for the Resurrection? (18 facts): http://www.saintsandsceptics.org/what-is-the-case-for-the-resurrection/
- The Two Paths of Life (this is a great sermon by Charles Stanley that was given on Sunday, October 26, 2014 and aired recently on TV): http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/video-archives/content/topic/The_Two_Paths_of_Life_video
- “Is Reincarnation True?” by Living Waters (2 min 46 second video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlBicjWY3-U&feature=youtu.be
- Is Christianity Responsible for the Holocaust? I liked this quote from it: some Christians have been anti-Semitic in the past (or are anti-Semitic today). But I would argue that those who call themselves Christians and remain in anti-Semitism are not Christians at all. This is simply because a Christian is, by the very definition of the word itself, a follower of Christ. A “Christian” who does not (earnestly desire to) follow the teachings of Christ is no more Christian than an atheist who believes in God is atheistic. If I am a math teacher and teach a student that 2+2=4, yet this student graduates and then insists that 2+2=7, am I to take the blame for teaching him that 2+2=7?
- 14 Ways I Teach Apologetics to My 5-Year-Olds: http://christianmomthoughts.com/14-ways-i-teach-apologetics-to-my-5-year-olds/
- How to Share the Gospel With an Atheist. Here’s a snippet: Last week I sat next to James on a flight from St. Louis to Denver. As we talked the subject turned to spirituality and religion. I confessed that I was a preacher and he confessed he was an atheist. What unfolded on the rest of the flight was a deep, thought-provocative, laughter-laced gospel conversation.
Hope you’re having a great week and maybe you’ve found something here that is useful for you!