Currently, we are reading the book Unsilenced: How to Voice the Gospel by James Boccardo. It is a great book about evangelism that also includes some information about Apologetics.
Well, we didn’t do any reading yesterday. Instead, we just caught up on the questions that we didn’t cover from last time. Here are the questions we covered yesterday:
- (pg. 95) Problem #10: No One Can Be Sure He’s Going to Heaven.
- (pg. 95) How can you answer this objection in a way that points people to Jesus (and not to yourself)?
- (pg. 95) What’s the difference between “acting religious” and “pointing people to Jesus”?
- (pg. 97) Problem #11: God Could Never Forgive Me of All the Wrong I’ve Done.
- (pg. 97) How could you use the story of Moses, Paul or even David to minister to someone who says the above statement?
- (pg. 99) Problem #12: Well That’s Good for You, but It’s Not True for Everyone Else.
- (pg. 99) How could you give an example that if something is true, it is true whether someone knows it or not?
- (pg. 99-100) What would Jesus have said about the above statement? Did He make any exclusive claims in the Bible (like in the book of John)?
- (pg. 101) Problem #13: Well, All of the World Religions “Teach the Same Things.”
- (pg. 102-103) Provide an example showing that all world religions do not teach the same thing.
We had very good discussion on these – thanks for your participation!
Also, at the beginning of the class, we watched this short video from the One Minute Apologist:
Are Evangelism And Apologetics Complimentary? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rln559rzYM
We will continue reading with “Problem #14” next week!