Currently, we are reading the book Unsilenced: How to Voice the Gospel by James Boccardo. It is a great book about evangelism that also includes some information about Apologetics.
Great class today! Great interaction/discussion. We read pages 105-111, which covered ‘problems’ 14-16. Here were the questions associated with those sections:
- (pg. 105) Problem #14: A Lot of People Have Had Followers Like Jesus.
- (pg. 105-106) How are Jesus’ followers different than those of the likes of David Koresh (Waco, TX)?
- (pg. 107) Problem #15: I’ve Done a Lot of Good Things.
- (pg. 107) What example could you give to cast doubt on the idea that people who do more good things than bad things go to heaven?
- (pg. 107) Why is it important to make a person see that doing good things has nothing to do with being forgiven of a crime?
- (pg. 108) Why does the “fine have to be paid” in order for the sin to be removed from your record?
- (pg. 110) Problem #16: There Are “So Many” Contradictions in the Bible
- (pg. 110) What question could you ask someone who claims there are a lot of Bible contradictions?
- (pg. 110-111) Several common examples of contradictions brought up by skeptics could be understood as ______________ rather than _______________. What is an example?
Just prior to reading and discussing problem #15, we watched this short witnessing clip with Ray Comfort of Living Waters:
Good Works Don’t Save (5 ½ min video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7G2-FW-1C0
Here are the few additional items we talked about today and that I said that I’d send to you:
- On Guard Conference: Gary Habermas – The Resurrection of Jesus. This was the video that was mentioned when we were talking about 1 Corinthians and Galatians and how secular (skeptical) historians treat these letters as valid historical sources (1 hour 40 min video lecture, but a good one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdmSQKyzgc
- Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions: Volume 1 – Introduction (Dr. Jason Lisle): https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/demolishing-supposed-bible-contradictions-1/introduction/
Next week we will probably finish up the ‘Problems’ chapter with 17-19.
Have a great week and I pray that we may have opportunities to use this information as we witness to those God brings into our paths!
Blessings to you all