Currently, we are reading the book Unsilenced: How to Voice the Gospel by James Boccardo. It is a great book about evangelism that also includes some information about Apologetics.
We finished reading the closing notes for Chapter 6 (Bumps in the Road) and we watched a 10 minute witnessing clip where Todd Friel shares the gospel with a soft-spoken British guy on a train. Really good video:
Here were the questions that we discussed related to the reading, as well as some witnessing tips from the video:
- (pg. 120) Ending notes:
- (pg. 120) How are we supposed to take advantage of “the stunned moment” after answering an objection?
- (pg. 121) Is it always your fault if someone is not interested and just walks away from you? What does Jesus say about this in John 7:7?
- (pg. 122) How do you handle an awkward pause in the conversation? What questions can you ask?
- Todd Friel video – witnessing tips:
- Start in the natural
- Swing to the supernatural
- Open God’s Law
- Warn of God’s Judgment
- Law to the Proud, Grace to the Humble: 1) If the sinner is proud and self-righteous, uphold the law. 2) If the sinner is broken-hearted and contrite, offer grace.
- Share the Good News!
- Call them to repentance and faith
Next week we start on chapter 7 (More Than Knowing What to Say).
Have a great week!