Good morning friends and fellow co-heirs!
I hope this morning finds you in good health, both physically and spiritually! Below are some links for you to take a look at.
- Did Jesus Commend Faith That Is Blind? | CrossExamined.org: http://crossexamined.org/jesus-commend-faith-blind/
- Three Quran Verses Every Christian Should Know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Nu6EabQD8
- Christians ‘Hung On A Cross Over Fire’, Steamrollered And Crushed To Death In North Korea | Christian News on Christian Today: http://www.christiantoday.com/article/christians.hung.on.a.cross.over.fire.steamrollered.and.crushed.to.death.in.north.korea/96190.htm
- Did Jesus Drink Alcoholic Wine? | Tough Questions Answered: http://www.toughquestionsanswered.org/2016/09/21/did-jesus-drink-alcoholic-wine/
- Failed Atheist Explanations for a Beginning to the Universe. | James Bishop’s Theology & Apologetics: https://jamesbishopblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/failed-atheist-explanations-for-a-beginning-to-the-universe/
- C-3PO Crashes a Pentecostal Revival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGH4HaylaU
- Three Levels of Heaven? James R. White: http://www.equip.org/article/three-levels-of-heaven/
- Podcasts you should know about (as reported by Apologetics Minion):
- Impact events (quote from “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist”): Some skeptics may think that a 15- to 40-year gap between the life of Christ and the writings about him is too wide for the testimony to be reliable. But they are mistaken. Think about events that occurred 15 to 40 years ago. When historians write about those events, we don’t say, “Oh, that’s impossible! No one can remember events from that long ago!” Such skepticism is clearly unwarranted. Historians today write accurately about events in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s by consulting their own memories, those of other eyewitnesses, and any written sources from the time. This process is the same one the New Testament writers used to record their documents. Like a good reporter, Luke interviewed eyewitnesses. And as we’ll see in the next chapter, some New Testament writers were eyewitnesses themselves. They could remember 15- to 40-year-old events quite easily, just as you can. Why can you remember certain events vividly from 15 to 40 years ago and (if you’re old enough) even further back? You may be able to remember certain events because they made a great emotional impact on you. (In fact, those of us who are “over the hill” can remember some events from 30 years ago better than those from 30 minutes ago!) Where were you and what were you doing when President Kennedy was assassinated? When the Challenger exploded? When the second plane hit the tower? Why can you remember those events so well? Because they made a deep emotional impact on you. Since an event like the Resurrection certainly would have made a deep emotional impact on the New Testament writers and the other eyewitnesses they may have consulted, it’s easy to see why the history of Jesus could be easily recalled many years later, especially in a culture with an established reliance on oral testimony (more on this below). Furthermore, if the major works of the New Testament are eyewitness accounts written within two generations of the events, then they are not likely to be legend. Why? Because historical research indicates that a myth cannot begin to crowd out historical facts while the eyewitnesses are still alive. For this reason, Roman historian A. N. Sherwin-White calls the mythological view of the New Testament “unbelievable.” William Lane Craig writes, “The tests show that even two generations is too short to allow legendary tendencies to wipe out the hard core of historical fact.” Inside of those two generations, eyewitnesses are still around to correct the errors of historical revisionists.
- How Do You Develop a Public Speaking Ministry? – Sean McDowell: http://seanmcdowell.org/blog/how-do-you-develop-a-public-speaking-ministry
- I’m Sorry! But the Church Needs Apologetics: http://www.faithbeyondbelief.ca/2015/09/03/im-sorry-but-the-church-needs-apologetics/
- Scientists Discover Camouflaged Dinosaur | Answers in Genesis: https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2016/09/26/scientists-discover-camouflaged-dinosaur/
- Transgender Identities Are Not Always Permanent | Public Discourse: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2016/09/17753/
- Postmodern Realities is a podcast from the Christian Research Institute and the CHRISTIAN RESEARCH JOURNAL. Each podcast features in-depth conversations with our JOURNAL authors: http://www.equip.org/crj-pmr-podcast/
O LORD, by your hand save me from such men, from men of this world whose reward is in this life. You still the hunger of those you cherish; their sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children. And I–in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. Psalm 17:14-15
Blessings to you all!