Here is the video we watched in our series on young earth creation:
Dr. Jason Lisle – Astronomy Reveals Creation
Here are the notes for this video:
How the Secrets of the Cosmos Confirms the Bible (5 Categories)
- Glory of God is revealed in the heavens (Ps. 19:1-3). The s_______ and b_________ of the cosmos are consistent with the mind of God – not chance
- The Sun and other stars
- Star Clusters
- Nebulae (Nebula)
- Basics of Astronomy – whenever s__________ e___________ of the day have disagreed, the Bible has always been right
- The S______________ Earth
- Earth is s__________ in space
- E_____________ of the universe
- Conservation of e___________ and mass
- Uncountable Stars
- Age of the Universe – Many lines of evidence confirm that the universe is t________ of years old
- Scripture teaches a “young” universe (6 o___________ days, ~6,000 years ago)
- Excess internal heat of planets
- Earth’s m______________ field decaying (losing strength)
- Other planet’s magnetic fields (Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, etc.)
- Recession of the moon (1½“ per year)
- Comets are made of icy material which can last no longer than ____,_____ years
- Spiral G____________ Winding
- Blue stars expend their fuel quickly. They cannot last b___________ of years
- Earth’s Uniqueness – Science c______ that the earth is unique among the worlds of the cosmos
- The moon – a “magnificent desolation” but not designed for life.
- Other planets – they declare God’s glory, but they are not designed for l_________
- What about Extra-Terrestrial Life? Theological issues inherent in this question.
- The Fermi Paradox: “Where are they?”
- Starlight (Distant) – the Bible is right about starlight. Distant starlight is not a problem for a young universe.
- Light from distant galaxies is thought to take billions of years to reach earth
- Light year is a unit of d_________, not t_______. A light year is about 6 trillion miles.
- Many of the proposed solutions simply cannot work:
- “The distances are not real”
- “The speed of light was much faster in the past”
- “The light was created ‘in transit’”. Light ‘in transit’ requires God to create f____________ images and ‘movies. Example – Supernova 1987A. If light-in-transit idea is true, then none of these things have ever actually existed.
- “Gravitational Time Dilation” – Dr. Russ Humphreys
- Lisle thinks the correct solution is: the o______-w______ speed of light. How do you measure this? Very difficult to synchronize two distant clocks:
- Apparently, it is impossible to synchronize c__________ (exactly) without knowing the one-way speed of light
- And it is impossible to measure the one-way speed of light without synchronized clocks.
- The one-way speed of light is a ‘convention’ – it’s not something we m________, it is something we c___________.
- Anisotropic Synchrony Convention (ASC) – using this convention, light takes no time at all to get from distant galaxies to here.