Here is the video we watched in class today:
Why Genesis Matters – Dr. Jason Lisle
Here are the notes and discussion questions:
- Evolution is m______ ideas about how l_____ could come about apart from _________
- Jesus quoted from G_______ about as much as all the other b_____ of the B_____ combined
- Evolution is not the cause of all problems in society, s______ is the cause, because e_______ gives people a seemingly r________ foundation for their s_____.
- Genesis was not written as a metaphor, parable or poetry, it was written as l________ h______.
- A lot of people want to embrace the morality the Bible teaches, but r______ the h_______ it teaches.
- It used to be that we used a h_________ to h_______ sections of the Bible we liked, but now in far too many churches, we use a b_____ o_______ marker to b________ o______ the sections we don’t like.
- God never gave us a l______ i______ v_____ on Scripture.
- We don’t just want them to be c__________, we want them to be C______.
- Context of passage determines what the word ‘day’ means, e.g. evening, morning, number, day.
- God’s powerful enough that He could’ve created the u_______ in an i________; He really had to s_______ Himself down.
- There is an astronomical basis for d____, m________ and y_______, but not for w_______
- 6 days (of creation) is an i____________ issue, but not a s_________ issue.
- The Bible says that it was by man that d_____ came into the world, but evolution teaches that it was by d_______ that man came into the world.
- Either the bulk of fossils were deposited in a w____-w____ f_____, or they were deposited n_________ over millions of years.
- If “the flood” was just a l_____ flood, then God has broken His promise (re. the rainbow) thousands of times, because there have been many l_____ floods since the flood occurred.
- If you understand c______, then the Gospel message just makes s______.
- For all of this Christian influence in our nation, why are we rapidly becoming a pagan nation?
- What is your ultimate standard?
- How does what you believe about the past influence your worldview today?
- Why is it significant that we find Carbon 14 (C-14) in diamonds?
- How are laws that protect the weak from being harmed by the strong “anti-evolutionary”?
- How is evolution like termites?
- How does a literal Genesis make it possible for Jesus to be our Kinsman Redeemer?
- If God didn’t get the details right in Genesis, how can we be sure He got the details right on how to inherit eternal life?
- What does it mean that 1,000 years is like a day?
- Where do we get our pattern for a week?
- Why does the death of plants not count as death occurring before sin?
- If the flood was just local, why didn’t Noah just move?