Today in the apologetics class, we watched “Lucy, She’s No Lady”:
Here is the note-taking form I handed out:
Lucy, She’s No Lady! – Dr. David Menton
Dr. David Menton holds a PhD in biology from Brown University and served as an award-winning professor at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis for 34 years. He retired as an Associate Professor Emeritus and now serves with Answers in Genesis as a speaker, writer, and researcher.
- Current thinking is that Lucy is a m_______________.
- Lucy is of the species Australopithecus Afarensis, which means southern a_________.
- Evolution teaches that man came from ape like creatures. An ape is a monkey that doesn’t have a t______________.
- Evolution does not want Divine a__________________.
- Only 10% of people believe what we teach in our textbooks, but those 10% have a disproportionate i___________________ on our education and culture.
- Our very existence depends on a critical mutation r________________ system.
- A hominid is either a known a______________________ of man, or collateral relative of man, or man himself.
- Neanderthal man is simply Homo sapiens.
- 95% of all the fossils are m_____________ invertebrates.
- Three ways to make an “ape-man”:
- Apes found in the fossil record that have been up-scaled to man.
- Or humans found in the fossil record that have been downgraded to apes.
- Or there’s the true ape-man where the two are combined together and made into ape men, for example Piltdown Man.
- Lucy was discovered by Donald Johansen in Ethiopia in 1974. Fossil is about _____% complete.
- Skull does not look human:
- Sl____________ face.
- Brow ridges are e__________________.
- Very small cranial c_________________.
- Lacks nasal bones or a nasal spine.
- What excites evolutionists about Lucy?
- Has relatively small t____________________.
- Has thick e_______________ on the teeth. Humans normally have thicker e__________________ than apes.
- Dr. David Menton reviews misrepresentations in the mannequin of Lucy displayed in museums.
- Hand and fingers:_________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Foot: ___________________________________________________________________
- Knees: __________________________________________________________________
- Shoulders: _______________________________________________________________
- Hips/Pelvis: ______________________________________________________________
- How we view our o________________ set our values.
- If A______________ is in your past, God is Authority- God sets the rules.
- If A___________ is in your past, relative morality – man sets the rules.