Good morning friends and Happy Thanksgiving,
Here is a random quote (of over 1400) from Nuggets:
There are general [Biblical] principles … which suggest a country’s right to control its borders:
- Jurisdiction: In Mark 12:17, Jesus tells us to render to Caesar his due, and in Romans 13:1-7, Paul says we must submit to governmental authorities. Rulers are rulers by virtue of jurisdiction over territory.
- Citizenship: In Acts 25, Paul claims his rights as a Roman citizen to have a hearing in Rome. Citizenship is a prerogative of the state, which can and must stipulate who does and does not qualify for it.
- Particularity: In Genesis 11, the Lord confounded the languages of mankind to discourage the vanity and treachery of a monolithic world. When we, in effect, erase borders by not enforcing them, we risk losing the separation of powers essential to the political economy of fallen man.
- Core Values: Time and again, the Bible describes the central standards of a culture, whether the YHWH worship of Israel, the Law of the Medes and the Persians, or the Hellenism of Alexanders offspring. They range from evil to splendid, but there is no society without them. Ironically, a nation which opens its borders wide to those who do not share its core values dilutes the very qualities which made it an object of desire in the first place. By embracing those with toxic ideologies, a nation will commit cultural suicide.
- Property. In Proverbs and Deuteronomy, there are warnings and, indeed, curses regarding the movement of a neighbors boundary stones. The ownership of real estate is sanctioned by God, and trespass is a genuine offense. We may not just walk anywhere in the world we please, doing what we please on whichever plot of land we choose to visit. And, indeed, to breach a national boundary is typically to trespass on private property as well.
- Refuge. Under Gods direction, the Israelites set apart cities to which those guilty of manslaughter might flee relatives who sought blood vengeance (Number 35:6-32). Hezekiah dug a water tunnel from the Gihon Spring to the Pool of Siloam to prepare Jerusalem for an Assyrian siege (2 Kings 20:20). Both acts were predicated on the need for walls to maintain the integrity and safety of the residents.
- Finitude. There is one God, and we are not He. A nation cannot do every nice thing, for its resources and its ability to impose intrusions upon the populace are limited. If all charitable immigration decisions were good, then the more the merrier, but this would be chaotic nonsense.
– Bible Mesh
To view more of these quotes, visit:
Now, here are your weekly links:
- Children Are Being Taught God is Not Part of Thanksgiving and Socialism is Good by Gary DeMar, The American Vision: https://americanvision.org/21459/children-are-being-taught-god-is-not-part-of-thanksgiving/
- How to Have Grace-Filled Conversations over the Holidays despite Opposing Political Opinions – Scott Slayton: https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/scott-slayton/how-to-have-grace-filled-conversations-over-the-holidays-despite-opposing-political-opinions.html
- Talking Worldview at Thanksgiving: http://colsoncenter.libsyn.com/talking-worldview-at-thanksgiving
- Facing up to design – Those who would claim that the human face is the result of evolution, not creation, face some huge challenges: https://creation.com/facing-up-to-design
- Is the God of the Old Testament the Same God of the New Testament? – One Minute Apologist: https://oneminuteapologist.com/blog/is-the-god-of-the-old-testament-the-same-god-of-the-new-testament/
- China’s War on the Bible: http://colsoncenter.libsyn.com/chinas-war-on-the-bible
- Why Young Ex-Christians Are Ex-Christians, According to the Latest Research | Cold Case Christianity: https://coldcasechristianity.com/writings/why-young-ex-christians-are-ex-christians-according-to-the-latest-research/
- The Dark Art of Framing – Summit Ministries: https://www.summit.org/resources/videos/prageru-dark-art-of-framing/
- 5 Ways of Finding Biblical Answers to Your Questions Online For Free Delighting Grace: https://delightinggrace.wordpress.com/2019/10/12/5-ways-of-finding-biblical-answers-to-your-questions-online-for-free/amp/
- I’m Not a Christian For Any of These Good Reasons | Cold Case Christianity: https://coldcasechristianity.com/writings/im-not-a-christian-for-any-of-these-good-reasons/
- What Is a Cult? | Apologetics: https://arcapologetics.org/objections/what-is-a-cult/
- Are Evolution and a Historical Adam Possible? A Provocative Model | Sean McDowell: https://seanmcdowell.org/blog/are-evolution-and-a-historical-adam-possible-a-provocative-model
- Real particle physics disappoints big bangers – creation.com: https://creation.com/particle-physics-disappoints-big-bangers
- What is the difference between Israel and Palestine? | GotQuestions.org: https://www.gotquestions.org/difference-Israel-Palestine.html
- Is There Supposed To Be Only One Church? | Reasoned Cases for Christ: https://bcooper.wordpress.com/2019/11/27/is-there-supposed-to-be-only-one-church/
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal. Isaiah 26:3-4
Blessings to you all